iOS Mobile Developer (UK Rail)
We’re looking for an iOS mobile developer to work in our highly successful UK Rail team.
Masabi is the world’s leading provider of mobile ticketing solutions for the transport industry, allowing customers to buy and display tickets on their smartphone.
The UK Rail team is responsible for a product line which handles mobile ticket sales and passenger information for a dozen UK rail operators, including Virgin Trains and Cross Country, which between them have over 5m downloads and our platform £55 million in revenue in 2015 across all the operators we work with. The product line comprises native applications running on the most widely adopted mobile software development platforms, and a growing suite of services that interact with the apps and/or support wider adoption of mobile ticketing.
The team is market leader in UK Rail mobile ticketing, and are working on defining the next generation of mobile ticketing and passenger information platform.
Mobile is at the forefront of everything we do at Masabi and our apps are in use by millions of people across the globe. You’ll join a team of highly talented and experienced developers working on some seriously interesting and diverse challenges – from customer facing apps handling multiple thousands of payment transactions a day.
The role involves working within a highly collaborative cross-functional team of server and client developers, QAs and Product Managers, building and maintaining the mobile components of a cloud-hosted, multi-tenancy transport ticket sales service. The role will give you a chance to work on a wide range of technologies and business domains in an agile software development environment.
Example of some technologies we use
AppCode / Xcode
Objective-C / Java / J2ObjC
Git / SVN/ Bamboo / Jenkins
– We can accomodate a range of experience levels, but the following are minimums:
– A minimum of 2 years’ experience in iOS development and Objective-C.
– At least 2 year’s commercial experience with another strongly typed, static object oriented language (ideally Java).
– An understanding of the value of unit testing and related techniques.
– Experience with – and/or a desire to work using – agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery).
– Likes to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
– Happy to work in other languages/domains like Java and Android when needed (e.g. we have a common – Java codebase used between Android and iOS).
– Likes working across multiple disciplines and generally getting stuck in to whatever is required to get the job done and get better at delivering.
– Significant experience in both iOS and Android.
– Working experience with C/C++.
– Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Ant, Gradle etc.
– Experience working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITERS WILL BE REJECTED
Please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover note (see below) with the subject: “I am applying for: iOS Mobile Developer – UK Rail” to email@example.com.
Please provide a brief cover note (traditional cover letter not necessary) including:
– Links to apps published on app stores (Apple/Google Play).
– Links to any LinkedIn, Twitter, GitHub, StackOverflow accounts.
– List any industry related people/blogs you like to follow.
– List any industry related books/literature you’ve read which has particularly inspired you.
– List any conferences or community events you like to attend.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.