Masabi is seeking a Sales Manager to identify, engage and secure new transport operator customers for the company’s mobile ticketing and fare collection products in Central and Eastern Europe.
Eventually reporting into the CEO, this role will be critical to the next stage of growth at Masabi, building on success in the UK and USA by entering new European markets.
Masabi’s customers include the MTA in New York, Transport for Athens, MBTA in Boston, Thames Clippers in London and Virgin Trains amongst 10 train operating companies in the UK – to a total of over 20 customers across bus, train, tram and ferry. The successful candidate will build on this success to:
– Identify, engage and secure transport operator opportunities for Masabi’s products
– Be responsible for building new business within their own designated region – Northern Europe, Western/Eastern Europe or Southern Europe
– Own the sales pipeline, from research to reporting on results
– Introduce sales processes and tactics that can be applied across various markets
– Work closely with the marketing team to identify tactics for attracting prospects, qualifying leads and measuring engagement
– Write, refine and automate proposal documents
– Provide input and market feedback to Masabi’s product development roadmap and commercial offering
– Implement a sales process with tactics to identify, interest, open and close deals with transport operators.
– Break into new geographic areas.
– Close sales deals with customers currently in discussion with Masabi.
– Respond to RFP processes, including drafting RFP responses
– Build and report on a sales pipeline.
– Support on-boarding and management of new customers
– Build relationships with new and existing prospects
– Explore new opportunities with Masabi’s existing customers
Sales Strategy and Reporting
– Take a strategic approach to sales, taking into account current product, market trends and most effective deployment of resources
– Work closely as a key member of the sales and business development team to aid the identification and recruitment of new customers
This role is primarily driven by the need to close mobile ticketing system sales in a lean and self-sufficient manner. A successful candidate will likely be the following:
– A software sales person, with a proven ability to close sales, ideally with government authorities or in transportation
– An expert navigating complex organisations and closing sales through competitive tender/RFP
– Able to understand the commercial and operational needs of transit agencies
– Sufficiently fluent in technology to understand Masabi’s product and technology, in order to – credibly present this to customers
– Articulate and confident speaking about both technical and business subjects, with the ability to produce written English to a high standard.
– Willing to travel across Europe when necessary
– Ambitious and versatile, with an appetite to compete with some of the largest worldwide technology companies for contracts
– A minimum of 5+ years’ experience selling technology products, ideally including some experience at selling in transport or to other government authorities.
– Experience managing and closing enterprise-wide, 6 and 7 figure deals with matrix organisations beneficial
– Experienced in selling-into Central and Eastern European countries is essential
– Business fluency in any Central and Eastern European languages would be beneficial
As soon as possible.
London, UK or Eastern Europe
At Masabi we believe that mobile technology can impact people’s lives in a real, tangible way. That’s why we build mobile ticketing services for transit companies that remove the need for passengers to wait in line for their tickets, and freeing up the transit agencies’ capital to spend it on vehicles instead of ticket machines.
With our technology, mass-transit passengers can securely buy their ticket, have it delivered to their mobile, skip the line and hop on board in seconds.
Masabi is already an established player in the UK rail market serving half of the UK’s rail companies and, through the application of its technology in its home territory, it has developed a reputation as a world-leader in the field of mass-transit mTicketing technology. The company has now launched mTicketing for Boston to great approval and taken this success to win a variety of new customers including New York’s MTA.
Interested candidates should please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Please – no recruiters, agencies or sales accelerators!