Technical Release Coordinator in London, UK
Masabi develops software that allows customers to buy and display travel tickets (for trains, buses, trams etc) on their smartphones. We have our solutions running in the UK, Boston, LA, Athens and other large cities around the world. We will even be in New York in the next few months! The platform consists of consumer facing mobile apps on Android and iOS, mobile apps, gate and bus units for ticket inspection, a back office web interface for clients to manage their customers and monitor activity and a large suite of back end APIs powering them all.
In order to streamline the process of deploying our apps to new customers, we are looking for a hands on Technical Release Co-ordinator who will take on the responsibility for configuring, branding and releasing our platform for each customer. This is an entry level role which will suit someone interested in getting into a technical career like software development or IT Operations. While we have no hard requirements for candidates to have any technical knowledge or experience, we feel that the right person probably at least some technical acumen and abilities they have gained from tinkering at home and learning in their spare time.
– Aggregate, review and verify required data (e.g. fares, tariffs, copy).
– Content managing spreadsheets and configuration files.
– Updating databases with new customer info using scripts or tools.
– Building apps via Continuous Integration tools like Bamboo.
– Configuring web tools like Google Analytics.
– Smoke testing of mobile and web UIs.
– Validating go-readiness across the product suite.
– Daily co-ordination with Delivery Teams, Product & Project Managers.
– Creating standard processes, checklists and documentation for repeatable tasks.
What skills and tools will you learn and use?
– Database & SQL Scripting.
– Source Control (Git via BitBucket).
– Continuous Integration.
– JSON, XML.
– Quality Assurance training.
– Leadership, organisational & communication skills.
– A team player with great organisation and communication skills.
– A technical background of some kind and a desire to work in Technology.
– A great eye for detail.
– Good with people and build relationships easily.
A highly competitive salary alongside the benefits list on our Benefits Page.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITERS WILL BE REJECTED
Please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover note (see below) with the subject: “I am applying for: Technical Release Co-ordinator” to email@example.com.
Please provide a brief cover note (traditional cover letter not necessary) including:
– Links to any LinkedIn, Twitter, GitHub, StackOverflow accounts.
– List any industry related people/blogs you like to follow.
– List any industry related books/literature you’ve read which has particularly inspired you.
– List any conferences or community events you like to attend.
– Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
Masabi is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.