We’re looking for quality analyst to work in both our UK Rail and JustRide teams.
Masabi is the world’s leading provider of mobile ticketing solutions for the transport industry, allowing customers to buy and display tickets on their smartphone. our mobile ticketing platforms mean that waiting in line for tickets is a thing of the past for customers whilst agencies are able to drastically reduce the cost of their operations.
Our UK Rail product line provides mobile ticket sales and passenger information for over 50% of the UK rail industry, including Virgin Trains, First Great Western and Cross Country. It handles over £45 million in ticket sales each year and had over 5 million downloads. The product line comprises of native applications running on all the most widely adopted mobile software development platforms, and a growing suite of services that interact with the apps and/or support wider adoption of mobile ticketing.
The JustRide platform is our global mobile ticketing solution for the transport sector. Our first major client was Boston in 2012. In 2014 we rolled out mobile ticketing to Athens and this year we’re doing the same in New York as well as other major global cities. It handles multiple thousands of payment transactions a day and over $50 million in revenue went through the platform in 2015 – a figure which will likely double in 2016. The platform consists of consumer facing hybrid mobile apps on Android and iOS, native mobile apps, gate units and bus units for ticket inspection, a back office web interface for clients to monitor activity and a large suite of back end APIs powering them all.
The role involves working within a highly collaborative cross-functional team of server and client developers, QAs and Product Managers, building and maintaining the server side, mobile and web components of a cloud-hosted, multi-tenancy transport ticket sales service. The role will give you a chance to work on a wide range of technologies and business domains in an agile software development environment.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring we have a highly effective whole team approach to quality control and testing.
- Working with the team to define requirements and create BDD/Cucumber-style acceptance criteria.
- Manual testing of new features & fixes.
- Regression testing on major releases & deployments.
- Improving communication between the development teams, stakeholders and our clients.
- Collaborating within the team to create and maintain automated acceptance tests.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Quality Analyst role.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with mobile testing and a deep understanding of major mobile OSs – particularly as iOS & Android.
- Working experience with – and a desire to work using – agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery).
- Significant working experience in cross-functional development teams.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Some programming experience (in any language).
- Working experience with mobile automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
A highly competitive salary alongside the benefits list on our Benefits Page.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITERS WILL BE REJECTED
Please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover note (see below) with the subject: “I am applying for: Quality Analyst” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a brief cover note (traditional cover letter not necessary) including:
- Links to any LinkedIn, Twitter, GitHub, StackOverflow accounts.
- List any industry related people/blogs you like to follow.
- List any industry related books/literature you’ve read which has particularly inspired you.
- List any industry related conferences or community events you like to attend.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
Masabi is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.